Posts Tagged ‘birth’

Jazlyn (Jazz Lynn) Grace Nafziger is here!

January 11, 2009 3 comments

Updated 3:30PM: Jazlyn is sleeping.  Lael’s mom just got here from Ohio, drove five hours to get here.  I got a shower (ahhhh), and we ate lunch.  We’ll have to stay 48 hours, so hopefully we will be home Wednesday evening.  Jazlyn looks great, a few “stork bites”, and the typical red eyelids, but that will all fade.  She got her strep test, not sure if she’s cleared or not, it takes awhile.  She got a bath, and is all wrapped up in her new clothes and blanket.  What a cutie!  We’re so blessed…thank God for an answer to our prayers.

Update 12:41PM:  I’m proud to announce that Jazlyn Grace Nafziger was just born.  Praise God!  Crying well, 7.5 LB, 20″n669120566_5360916_3412Jazlyn GraceJazlyn and Joann669120566_5362940_5360

Update 11:55AM: Getting ready to push!!

Update 11:35AM: 9.5 CM, more pressure, little ridge, soon soon soon

Update 11:30AM: Still around 9CM.  There is a small lip they are trying to get to move by rolling Lael on her side.  Thought we were a little closer, but the doctor still thinks she’s progressing well.  She’s not on any drugs to move her contractions along, so that is great, and a first for us.

Update 10:30AM: 9CM!  100% Effaced, +1 Station  Close to pushing time

Update 10:00AM: The 2nd epidural was successful, and the pain is now ALL gone.  She’s at 7-8CM now, 0-1 Station.  So hopefully things will continue to go well.  Pray that she can have a natural birth.  It’s better for the baby (and Lael).

Update 9:35 AM: They are going to adjust the epidural to hopefully hit that hot spot. It could be related to her ovarian cyst (only arrived during pregnancy).

Update 9:15 AM: The epidural is in. They just checked her. 7cm, 0 station, and about 80% effaced. Things are moving quicker. She has a little hotspot (pain not covered by epidural), so if that doesn’t go away, they may have to do another epidural. The doc thinks it may just be pelvic stretching. A good thing.

Update 8:40AM: Lael just got out of the shower (relaxation technique, worked very well). She’s having more intense contractions, and feels as though the baby is moving downward more. She’s had some “show” which is a good sign that things are moving. She will be receiving an epidural soon. She’s still at about 5-6CM, baby is at -1 (has moved downward), and is around 60-70% effaced.

Update 7:45AM: Lael’s decided to be pre-catheterized for the epidural, so that the line is run when/if she needs it. the contractions have really kicked up a notch. She can’t talk through them.

Update 7:15: 5-6cm, and they just broke the rest of the water

Update 6:25AM: Contractions are getting more painful now. Hopefully more effective as well.

Update 5:10AM: Contractions are still coming. No big developments. Trying to rest. Most of this would have been done at home, but with the strep b positive test, we needed to come in when she started leaking. A nurse has just walked in to check Lael. Sounds like she’s at 4 cm, 75% effaced, with a forebag of water. We will have to wait for the dr to arrive to pop the bag. Ewwwww

UPDATE 1:50 in the AM: Lael is in good spirits. We’ve done some walking. Contractions are still coming steadily. Unchanged on the dilation and effacement.

UPDATE 12:10: IV line is in. We’re good to go. Hopefully getting up and walking around soon!

UPDATE: It’s Midnight. Lael’s veins are collapsing, so she’s on her 5th poke (6th now). They need to run antibiotics into her for the baby, and get her fluids running. The main vein nurse is here.

Update 11:06. Lael is leaking amniotic fluid. Her contractions are 4-6 minutes apart. We have to stay. 3 cm. 50 percent effaced

Update: 10:40. First fluid test came back inconclusive. Contractions are 5-6 minutes apart. She’s had four since hooked up to the monitor. Still not admitted.

We are going to the hospital. Lael’s been leaking fluid for most of the day, she tested positive for strep B, which means she needs an antibiotic shot IF she is in labor. We are going there just as a precaution. Will post results hopefully in a few hours.

Well, the baby isn’t due until the 23rd, however, due to some symptoms, and a professional opinion, we believe may be having the baby sometime in the next few days. Not 100% sure, but it’s possible. We have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, and will have better information at that time. If what we think is happening IS happening, and we went to the hospital, and it’s true, they wouldn’t let us leave. So we are holding off as long as possible.

Keep checking here for updates. I’ll be blogging as things progress.n669120566_5355781_6780